Being different and understanding difference makes the difference!
Being DIFFERENT helps my clients get accepted!
What makes me DIFFERENT?
How does being DIFFERENT help my clients get accepted to their top-choice private school or college?
Glad you asked!
1. Focus on your admissions success and results: I limit the number of clients I work with per academic year. Therefore, you know I have the time to make sure my client is the strongest possible candidate for his/her application.
2. Proven Success: I have helped students gain admissions to elite private schools, Ivy League and top-tier colleges, BS-BA/MD programs top medical, graduate, law, business schools in the U.S. Track record: 97% or more acceptance rate! All three of my children were accepted early decision to Ivy League colleges.
3. Unparalleled Experience: I have more than 18 years experience helping hundreds of students worldwide find the best schools for their needs. I personally visit over 100 educational institutions annually around the country. I spend over 25% of my time on the road meeting and connecting with school administrators, higher education officials and admissions personnel.
4. Educational Background: Prestigious educational background: I received a B.A. in biology and minored in physics from Brown University, a M.D. from Boston University School of Medicine, a Certificate in advanced management studies from Yale School of Management and a Certificate in college counseling from Harvard Summer Institute on College Admissions. As a result, I leverage my alumni and educational networks and global connections to help my clients to achieve their educational goals.
5. Superior Professionalism: I am a professional and active member of the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), the National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), the New York Association of College Admission Counseling (NYACAC), the New Jersey Association of College Admission Counseling (NJACAC), and the International Association for College Admission Counseling (IACAC), and NAFSA: Association of International Educators. These organizations ensure that I am current on all aspects of the college admissions process and uphold the ethical and professional standards and principles of good admission practices in college counseling.
6. Cutting-edge Knowledge: I choose not to be an author of “getting into” or "how to" books. The admissions information and data in these books become obsolete the day they are published. If everyone is reading the same book they will sound "unique just like everyone else and will not stand out. Also, do you know that admissions officers also read these books? I am out in the admissions and education field and continuously correspond with administrators, admissions personnel and faculty. My Admissions Knowledge Networks (AKN) provide my team of advisors and me with cutting-edge knowledge and insider perspective that gives my clients that admissions advantage to stand out and get into their top-choice schools!
7. Trusted Advisor: My admissions advice affects my clients' educational life and future. Parents who have retained my services know that I care about my students and their families as well as how the admissions process affects them.
8. Cultural Intelligence: Top private schools and Ivy League and highly selective colleges are looking for cultural, intellectual and meta-cognitive diversity in their classes as well as students who can relate to diverse populations. These prestigious institutions accept diverse classes not just great students. No other admissions advisor and independent educational consultant understands cultural, intellectual and meta-cognitive diversities (their interdependency and interrelatedness) and how they relate to successful admissions and acceptance better than I. The result: I provide my clients with a Diversity Competitive Advantage during their admissions journey! Is your cultural intelligence authentic?
9. Unmatched Skills: I use my critical thinking and scientific skills developed as a physician-scientist, my musical skills as a jazz musician (harmonica and banjo), my visual and spatial skills as a painting artist and my competitive skills as a former scholar-athlete (soccer) and current competitive table tennis player to identify how your student can distinguish themselves on their applications and successfully compete throughout their admissions process
10. Personalized attention: Unlike other educational consulting firms, I (as CEO and President) personally work with each of my clients so that they directly benefit from my expertise, experience, contacts and the collective knowledge of my educational team. Providing personalized attention helps my clients stand out and get into their top-choice schools! As an experienced educational consultant with a multifaceted background, I specialize in challenging, unique and seemingly insurmountable cases.
11. Collective Team Effort: I collaborate with my supportive team of admissions advisors in addition to character education experts, psychologists, image consultants, ethnomusicologists, linguists, screenwriters and former admissions officers and directors and use the committee-based approach to develop strategies during my client's entire admissions journey. Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions experts (and image consultants) help you nurture, develop and express your "Wow Factor" so you can get accepted! Our strategies make admissions officers say: "Wow! We want this student!"
12. Results-based Service: Lots of educational consultants say they provide great advice. You receive results-based admissions advisory services when you work with me. My clients know that I provide the best advice for results - acceptance into their top-choice school! Click HERE to see our impressive 2016 acceptance results.
13. Here are some of the ways I provide concierge-type, results-based admissions advisory services: